11/13/2015, M3.0 near Fontana
- 13 Nov 2015 03:32:32 PST, (34.155, -117.473), depth 11.6km, 7km NNW of Fontana, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been 2 aftershocks, the largest M2.1. More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 11 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.6 (1965/04/15) and the most recent was M4.2 on 25 Jul 2015. Seismicity in the area is known as the Fontana Seismic Trend, an area that has a trending pattern of smaller events.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.