Last updated October 24th, 2017
- 02 Dec 2015 15:27:36 PST, (33.027, -116.433), depth 6.9km, 17km ESE of Julian, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been 4 aftershocks recorded, the largest M1.1. More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 5 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.7 (1957/01/24) and the most recent was M4.2 on 13 Mar 2010.
- Nearby faults: Elsinore fault zone, Julian section (Elsinore fault) (2.4 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI.