Last updated October 24th, 2017
- 19 Feb 2016 22:13:20 PST, (34.610, -116.628), depth 6.7km, 36km ENE of Lucerne Valley, California
- Aftershocks: so far (22 Feb 2016, 12:08PM PST) there have been 11 aftershocks recorded, the largest M2.0. More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 10 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.6 (1992/10/02) and the most recent was M4.2 on 15 Jul 2003.
- Nearby faults: Camp Rock-Emerson-Copper Mountain fault zone, Emerson section (0.2 km), Johnson Valley fault, northern Johnson Valley section (Johnson Valley fault) (8.2 km), Calico-Hidalgo fault zone, west Calico section (West Calico fault) (9.6 km), Lenwood-Lockhart fault zone, Lenwood section (Lenwood fault) (13.2 km), Homestead Valley fault zone (13.5 km) and Rodman fault (16.3 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.