- 22 Mar 2017 11:57:32 PDT, (32.225, -115.228), depth 18.5km, 6km W of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., Mexico
- Aftershocks: so far (22 Mar 2017, 01:26PM PDT) there has been 1 aftershock recorded, M3.8. More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 93 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M7.2 (2010/04/04) and the most recent was M4.1 on 17 Apr 2013.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed. The closest station shown here is CI.RXH, approximately 113 km from the epicenter.