Last updated October 24th, 2017
- 25 Jun 2017 06:53:24 PDT, (34.002, -116.903), depth 13.9km, 9km NNW of Banning, California
- Aftershocks: so far (26 Jun 2017, 08:23AM PDT) there has been 1 aftershock recorded, M1.1. More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- There were 2 events during the 3 days prior to the earthquake (within a 15 km radius), the largest was M1.6 (2017/06/25).
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 19 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M5.0 (1965/10/17) and the most recent was M4.4 on 06 Jan 2016.
- Nearby faults: San Andreas fault zone: San Bernardino Mountains section (Gandy Ranch fault) (0.6 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (South Branch SAF) (2.3 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (Mission Creek fault) (3.2 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (Banning fault) (3.5 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (4.9 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (Banning fault B) (7.5 km), San Bernardino Mountains section (Mill Creek fault) (8.7 km); San Gorgonio Pass fault zone (San Gorgonio Pass fault) (5.2 km), San Gorgonio Pass fault zone (Cherry Valley fault) (8.4 km); Beaumont Plain fault zone (8.5 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.The closest associated stations are CI.DGR 40km away
and CI.RVR 43km away