Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 27 Jul 2017 17:48:48 PDT, (35.623, -118.150), depth 9.1km, 29km ESE of Kernville, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 5 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M5.0 (1946/03/15) and the most recent was M4.5 on 28 May 1955.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.
The closest station represented in the feed below is CI.BAK, 91.8km away from epicenter.