Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 22 Aug 2017 12:51:59 PDT, (35.905, -116.922), depth 5.3km, 44km ENE of Trona, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 2 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.8 (1953/11/24) and the most recent was M4.1 on 01 Mar 2013.
- Nearby faults: unnamed West Side faults (9.1 km) and Panamint Valley fault zone, Brown Mountain section (14.0 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.The closest stations represented in the feed is CI.CLC and CI.FUR, 61.7km and 62.8km away from the epicenter respectively.