- 19 Sep 2017 11:45:43 PDT, (36.020, -117.770), depth 1.8km, 15km NE of Little Lake, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- There were 19 events during the 3 days prior to the earthquake (within a 15 km radius), the largest was M3.2 (2017/09/19).
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 21 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M5.3 (1996/11/27) and the most recent was M4.0 on 15 Feb 2010.
- Nearby faults: Airport Lake fault zone (0.0 km), Unnamed fault near Coso Basin (4.9 km) and Unnamed fault east of Rose Valley (7.1 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed. The closest station represented in this feed is CI.CLC, 27km away from the epicenter.