- 26 Oct 2017 13:38:51 PDT, (34.435, -120.670), depth 3.1km, 30km SW of Lompoc, California
- Aftershocks: so far (26 Oct 2017, 02:52PM PDT) there have been 2 aftershocks recorded, the largest M2.1 (smallest M1.5). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 4 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.7 (1959/10/01) and the most recent was M4.0 on 09 Jan 1989.
- Nearby faults: Santa Lucia Bank fault zone (9.1 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.