- 25 Jul 2018 13:17:56 PDT, (31.950, -116.298), depth 15.8km, 32km ENE of Ensenada, B.C., Mexico
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 42 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M6.8 (1956/02/09) and the most recent was M4.1 on 09 Aug 2011.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed. The closest station to the earthquake shown in the view is CI.SDG in San Diego at approximately 120km from the epicenter.