Last updated May 22nd, 2019
- 24 Oct 2018 14:28:02 PDT, (36.602, -117.980), depth 10.6km, 8km ENE of Lone Pine, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 2 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M4.4 (1988/07/05) and the most recent was M4.4 on 05 Jul 1988.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.