11/19/2018, M4.8 near Alberto Oviedo Mota
- 19 Nov 2018 12:18:42 PST, (32.207, -115.253), depth 10.9km, 8km WSW of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., Mexico
- Aftershocks: so far (20 Nov 2018, 08:29AM PST) there have been 11 aftershocks recorded, the largest M3.5 (smallest M2.2). More may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Historical seismicity: since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 124 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event, the largest was M7.2 (2010/04/04) and the most recent was M4.4 on 29 Sep 2018.
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.