- 05 Jun 2019 03:47:18 PDT, (32.812, -118.492), depth 7.8km.
- 14km W of San Clemente Is.
- 05 Jun 2019 07:32:09 PDT, (32.813, -118.532), depth 7.8km.
- 17km W of San Clemente Is.
- As of 05 Jun 2019, 07:40AM PDT, there have been no aftershocks recorded.
- Aftershocks may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock.
- There is a small chance (about 5%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Since our records began in 1932 we’ve had 4 events of M4 or greater within 10km of today’s event.
- The largest historic event was M4.6 on 1952/02/13.
- The most recent historic event was M4.1 on 10 Nov 2014.
- Nearby faults: San Clemente fault zone (San Clemente fault) (11.9 km).**
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with these events, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed. Note that the closest station to the epicenter captured in this stream is Long Beach CI.RPV at approximately 104km away.
**U.S. Geological Survey and California Geological Survey, 2006, Quaternary fault and fold database for the United States, accessed 2015, from USGS web site: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/hazards/qfaults/
This information is subject to change as more up-to-date data become available.