California Institute of Technology,
Office of Earthquake Programs
1200 E. California Blvd., M/C 252-21
Pasadena, CA 91125-2100
Office of Earthquake Programs (ERA)
Fax: (626) 584-1242
We are on the Northwest corner of California Boulevard & Wilson Avenue in Pasadena
(535 S. Wilson Ave.) Across the street from the South Mudd building.
Click here for Google Maps
Other Related Contact Information
Seismo Lab General Information
Phone: (626) 395-6919
Fax: (626) 564-0715
24-Hour Earthquake Hotline for Media (626) 449-2631
Directions to Caltech – Seismo Lab
- If You’re Driving:
- Caltech is easily accessible from both the 110 (Harbor) Freeway (southwest of campus) and the 210 (Foothill) Freeway (north of campus). Please look at the Map page for maps of the local freeway system.
- If you’re taking the 110 freeway:
- Follow the freeway north until it ends (where it becomes the Arroyo Parkway). Take the Arroyo Parkway straight ahead (north); turn right (east) on California Blvd. Proceed approximately one and a quarter miles. The Caltech campus will be on your left-hand side. Turn left (north) at Wilson Avenue. The Seismo Lab is in the Mudd Building on the northeast corner of Wilson and California.
- If you’re taking the 210 freeway:
- Exit at Hill Avenue; turn (south) on Hill. Take Hill (traveling south) to Del Mar and make a right turn. Go down Del Mar to Wilson and turn left. The Seismo Lab is in the Mudd Building on the northeast corner of Wilson and California. To park, proceed to the 2nd level of the North Parking Structure on your right (341 South Wilson) to obtain a permit from the machine.
- By Public Transportation:
- Local Bus Service Pasadena is served by two transit services. Foothill Transit serves Pasadena and the San Gabriel Valley eastward; MTA, the regional transit agency, serves Pasadena and all of Los Angeles. The City of Pasadena also operates two free Area Rapid Transit Service (ARTS) shuttle bus lines. The Downtown ARTS bus stops on Wilson. Hours of operation are limited. Hilton Hotel (Airport Bus stops here) in Pasadena to Caltech: Board the MTA 267 bus at Los Robles and Cordova; exit at Del Mar and Chester; cash full fare $1.35.
- Downtown Los Angeles to Pasadena:
- The MTA 401 Express bus can be boarded on Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles, approx. 3 blocks west of Union Station. Cash full fare is $2.60; exit in Pasadena at Colorado and Wilson; Caltech is approx. 3 blocks south. The MTA 485 bus boards at the Busway off of Alameda, in front of Union Station. exit at Lake and California in Pasadena and walk east to Caltech.