Last updated October 4th, 2019
- 07 Mar 2018 10:05:00 PST, (35.485, -120.027), depth 8.5km, 15km N of Simmler, California
- Aftershocks: so far there have been no aftershocks recorded. Some may be expected in the next few days, the largest expected is approximately 1 magnitude unit smaller than the mainshock. There is a small chance (about 5%%) that a larger quake could occur, with the likelihood decreasing over time.
- Nearby faults: San Andreas fault zone, Cholame-Carrizo section (0.6 km), San Juan fault zone (12.7 km) and San Juan fault zone (San Juan fault) (13.9 km).
- Links for: USGS earthquake page, ShakeMap, DYFI, waveforms.
- Visit our special reports page for further information on local notable earthquakes.
Below are the waveform data associated with this event, as recorded in our Live Seismograms Feed.The closest station to the epicenter represented below is CI.SMR at 54km away